Thursday, February 4, 2010

CDD Plan for Success- Student Story

Student Story by Gary Tillman
Session 6
December 15th 2009

Hello, my name is Gary, and I am (recovering) addict. I suffer from a disease that has affected all areas of my life. My mind, body, and spirit. This is a disease known amongst the Scientific and Medical Communities throughout the world as alcoholism and drug addiction. There are no known cures for these illnesses accept abstinence from the physical use of alcohol and drugs. Once this illness has been arrested, then the possibilities recovery is possible. Recovery is to gain that which I have lost. My ability to function in the normal aspect society has been hinder from my abuse of the chemicals I have used. Thank to such institutions such has Cri-Help who offers treatment for such a disease as well as behavioral modification. I am now able to start this process of my recovery. Living here in the facility provides me a safe environment, which allows me to obtain the tools of the 12 steps process that is needed to achieve sobriety. As well, Cri- Help offers various (other) opportunities to help one such as I to reenter in to society. In their working with CDD, one of those opportunities is learning how to use computers. The Basic Computer Program Class offer though CDD, which I am now involved in has shown me various ways of how the computers run and operate. I am learning that which has escaped me for so many years of computers; as well the more advance modern updates PC’s and Mac’s operating systems that control today’s markets in our society. Which will give me the knowledge and capabilities to navigate as well create my own web page. To access and gather information that can be vital and of use to me. Learning the language and terms that is become more and advance within this field as the computer industries grows.

My goals for obtaining such information are not only to use a computer properly, yet as well as to be able to use when I re-enter back into everyday (somewhat of) normal society. I am planning to return to college to obtain my Master Degree in the Medical field. Understanding that I will not only need just text books, but a lab top which is a computer that one can carry during classes and out of classes. I am able to access information from right where I sitting while lectures are going on. I’ll be able to do so many things with this technology at my disposal, that some of my classes I’ll be able to take without leave home.

As I am learning how to re-create my new found life with the12 steps recovery process and the help of such institutions such as Cri-Help and CDD. I am able to take hold of such great opportunities and structure my life to a better advancement without the usage of alcohol and drugs that has deterred me for so long. My gratitude to speak when I am no longer living in the problem, that I am now living in the solution. I have become a responsible and productive member of today’s standard society. Thanks to the help of Cri-Help and CDD for such opportunities. I am now able to live without the usage of alcohol and drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment